While your Charleston home may be beautiful on the inside, is that reflected on the upkeep of the outside, as well? We know if it was built by Sabal Homes the structure and design will be fantastic, but there’s a lot more beyond our design that can add to your home’s curb appeal.
Here are 7 ways to easily add more curb appeal to your Charleston home:
- Give your front door some color – The Charleston area is already filled with bright, bold colors like you’d find on Rainbow Row. Consider one of these locally-popular colors to add a striking accent to the exterior of your home. Steer clear of the classic red, green and black, and go bolder with hues like light blue and teal, yellow, orange and light or heather green.
- Lighting – Add some landscape lighting to your front yard and walkway. Lights that spotlight trees or sculptures add elegance, as do solar accent lights along sidewalks leading to your home. Outdoor lighting also promotes safety, making sure everyone can see where they’re walking and that no one can hide in the shadows.
- Powerwash – If your home is no longer brand new, there’s a good chance some dirt and grime have built up over time. Rent a power washer from your local home improvement store, add some bleach to kill any mold and then rinse well to give your home a new sparkle and shine. While you’re at it, wash your driveways and sidewalks, too.
- House numbers – Add some stylish house numbers to the front of your home. Ensure they fit within the home’s overall design, but choose a more modern set that will be more noticeable.
- Tidy your yard – Make sure the grass stays trimmed, bushes are cut back, mulch is where it’s supposed to be, weeds are pulled and your yard is edged for a neat and trim look.
- Remake your mailbox – Is your mailbox dirty, dented or dingy? Buy one brand new for just a couple hundred dollars or give your existing one a new paint job.
- Fix odds and ends – Are you missing some roof tiles, are your gutters sagging or are some shutters gone? Step back and give your home a thorough once-over and correct these small items that can create a messy, uncared-for look.
For more information about building your own new Charleston home, visit www.SabalHomesSC.com or call us at 844-MYSABAL.