The kids are back in school, NFL preseason has begun and college football is just around the corner. Whether you root for Clemson, USC, College of Charleston or another team, football is just part of fall in the south. We’ve got some great ideas we collected from around the web for your next get-together to cheer on your favorite team from your Charleston home!
1) Touchdown Table – To dress up whatever table you’ll be using to place your food, use a green table cloth and mark it with white yard lines. Add a goal at the each end of the table for an added bonus.
Here’s a cute decorated table from Hostess With the Mostess. Add metal cans covered with brown paper and white “laces” to make them look like footballs to hold silverware.
2) Football Food – Game food certainly shouldn’t be fancy. Here are some easy ways to take simple recipes and foods and make them football themed. Decorate deviled eggs with “laces” using thinly sliced chives or take regular deli sandwiches and draw “laces” on top with cheese strings.
We also love the watermelon (a southern staple) carved in the shape of a football helmet filled with healthy fruit and the pizza with pepperonis in the middle in the shape of a football with cheese down the middle for laces.
3) Halftime Entertainment – From beer pong to cornhole to ladder ball, create your own versions decorated for the home team. Some other fun games include Flip Cup, where one at a time you drink what’s in the cup then try to flip it upside down, or trivia games like having each person name a football player from your school within 10 seconds. If all else fails, get out the Frisbee (outside of course)!
4) Points-Earning Party Favors – Score major points with easy favors like mini footballs, referee whistles, plastic cups with your team’s emblem or one of Yankee Candles’ new fan candles in the scent of your favorite team! The candle would also make a great host or hostess gift if you’re not the one throwing the party.
5) Fanatic Décor – Buy streamers and balloons in your team’s colors to hang around your home or yard, give everyone a pompon as they walk in the door, use white and black striped theming like the referees and cut out your own pennants to stream in the game room.
If you follow these clever ideas, there’s no doubt your fan get-together will be a touchdown! What great ideas do you have for game day?
For more information about Sabal Homes or buying a new Charleston home, visit www.sabalhomessc.com or call us at 843-388-8483.