Looking for a fun summer project that will improve your home? Most people agree that updating a kitchen is money well spent, especially if you intend to one day sell your home. According to All You magazine, kitchen investments can result in a 75% return!kitchen
We love kitchens here at Sabal Homes and do our best to make sure our homeowners have the latest appliances, comfy spaces to gather and thoughtful design that will last a long time. If you want to give your kitchen just a slightly new look and update, here are 5 easy ways to accomplish just that:
1) Add a tile backsplash – This is a popular trend in kitchens and can really add the “wow” factor when you walk in! If you don’t already have a tile backsplash, consider adding one yourself. Look for self-adhesive tiles, which are easy to peel and then place on the wall. You can also find the tiles in a kit that comes with everything you need, including grout.
2) Paint your cabinets – Painting your cabinets is an easy way to create a dramatically new look. There is paint specifically for painting cabinets, so keep an eye out for that at your local home improvement store. For summer and a fresh, clean look, try painting them white. For a bolder, more modern look, try black.
3) Switch out your cabinet hardware – Switch out your knobs and pulls for a new style for a quick and easy, yet noticeable change. There are many options to choose from, so pick one that fits your family’s style.
4) Build shelving above the windows – By adding some simple wood shelves painted to match your new cabinet color you can add an inviting spot for collectibles or other design elements to give warmth to your kitchen.
5) Choose eye-catching lighting – Instead of the boring old flush mount ceiling light, consider a chandelier, which people are beginning to use in more places in the house.
Have you tried any of these tricks of the trade to give your kitchen a new look? Share your pictures with us!
For more information about Sabal Homes and new home construction in Charleston, please visit www.sabalhomessc.com or call us at 843-388-8483.